Director, Technical Operations
Reflex Integrated Inc. is a leading Canadian based IT service provider. We provide end to end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across North America. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled Director, Technical Operations to join our team.
As the Director, IT Technical Operations, you will lead the IT Help Desk, Network, Infrastructure, and Security functions by overseeing and providing leadership, direction, and support to our managers, and team members.
The Director, Technical Operations will shape and lead the planning, roadmap, and day to day operations across our business units. This role will be integral in leading the structure and growth of our organizational capacities, and in delivering against the vision and objectives for the entire business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead the technical operations functions. Help set goals, design strategies and roadmaps, and create plans for the IT Help Desk, network, infrastructure, and security teams (technical operations teams) to ensure desired service and results are achieved.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the technical operations teams, ensuring Reflex provides excellent technical assistance, and high customer experience to Reflex’s clients and internal employees/departments.
- Regularly connect with department managers to provide technical guidance and assistance to ensure that IT services across all functions are delivered effectively.
- Develop, implement, and streamline IT policies and procedures by creating and maintaining a set of standard operating procedures and protocols for team members to follow.
- Identify and implement KPI’s to ensure Reflex is achieving our service level targets. Address areas of improvement with the managers to help streamline departmental processes.
- Monitor and analyse operational performance by tracking key metrics. Provide feedback and create efficiencies where required.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to acquire, develop, and grow Reflex’s expertise as needed. This includes hiring, training, and managing a team of technical support professionals who provide exceptional customer service to end-users.
- Mentor, coach and develop staff including managers, team leads, and technical IT professionals of different levels.
- Supervise the network, infrastructure, computer systems, etc. needed to support clients and the organization’s systems and applications. Ensure desired/required performance and/or service level achieved.
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures that ensure the organization’s security posture is effective and aligned with industry best practices.
- Monitor changes in technology to discover ways the company can improve and develop.
Qualifications and Experience
- 12+ years of broad, progressive experience in computer engineering, computer science, engineering or information systems management, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience working in a similar role in IT/Operations capacity, leading teams of technical staff.
- A proven track record in leading, mentoring, and managing managers and their technical teams.
- University/College degree in a relevant field of study (Computer Science/ Engineering/ Systems Admin)
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on System Admin, Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls and proxy servers, databases, Servers, Cloud services and computing platforms (Azure, Office 365, AWS, GCP.) is required.
- Knowledge and experience in a virtualized environment (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows server environments, concepts, and technologies
- Strong working knowledge of hardware, such as cabling (fibre and wire), wireless products and desktop systems
- A good understanding of DevOps practices and principles, such as continuous integration and delivery, infrastructure as code, and automation
- Experience in incident response and leading a group of IT staff to identify and resolve incidents quickly
- A solid understanding of ITSM frameworks such as ITIL and being able to implement best practices. Certification in ITIL is a plus
- Customer centric mindset, who is able to train team members how to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first
- Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible
- Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully
- Act Like an Owner: We’re invested, we own our outcomes
- Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters
- We’re Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, our will to win unites us
To apply for this position, please attach your resume. We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional to references and criminal background check.