Junior IT Security Technician
Reflex Integrated Inc. is a leading Canadian based IT service provider. We provide end to end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across North America. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled Security Technician to join our Toronto office. This position will report to the Manager, IT Support.
This role is responsible for security monitoring of network, servers, router, logs, etc. Duties include, but are not limited to, routinely and continuously check of Reflex clients’ IT infrastructure, devices, networks, application performance, and data, to identify, reduce, and prevent security vulnerability and data breaches. Perform periodic audits to ensure security practices are compliant. The Junior IT Security Technician will maintain and enforce access control and security systems policies, and ensure documentation is up to date.
The role is based in our Toronto location and is a full-time permanent position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Identify and monitor security vulnerability and escalate incidents.
- Daily monitoring of logs and activities; assisting in investigating alerts where applicable.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Monitor Meraki firewall and antivirus software deployed to all sites.
- Periodic review of firewall rules, server and firewall access logs, audits
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and discuss solutions
- Provides logs for diagnostic and troubleshooting support
- Track issue resolution and maintain documentation updated.
- Assist in performing preventive maintenance and repair as per a client maintenance agreement and/or warranty.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 Years of experience in IT security
- 2-4 years of overall experience within IT field
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science, Technology, and or related field
- Experience and understanding of information security concepts (e.g. vulnerability, threat, asset, safeguard, risk, common vulnerability scoring system, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Experience inspecting access control and understanding of firewalls, proxies, antivirus and Meraki
- Ability to identify and escalate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience operating a computer and various software packages
- Must be a self-starter and work well with limited supervision.
- Problem-solving Skills in providing IT solutions to address the business needs of an organization
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Ability to work with clients and internal staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to support customers in a tactful and effective manner.
- Self-motivated mindset to drive results
- Attention to details
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Extended health care (including prescription drugs)
- Dental and Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Due to COVID-19, the role will be a combination of work from home and/or work from the office/client sites.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com;or Click Here. We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.
We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional to references and criminal background check.