Network, Cloud, and Infrastructure Engineer
Reflex Integrated Inc. is a leading Canadian based IT service provider. We provide end to end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across North America. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled Network and Infrastructure engineer to join our Toronto office. This position will report to the Manager of networking and Infrastructure.
This role duties include, but are not limited to, designing, supporting, monitoring, and maintaining Reflex’s client and internal networks and IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will be the third line escalation point for the more complex IT issues, as well as lead and manage cloud-based solutions. This role will serve as an expert subject matter in his/her domain for all Reflex teams and provide guidance and assistance as needed.
This position requires a candidate that can operate independently in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with members of the Network and Infrastructure team, and with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for a curious, excited, boundary-pushing team member.
The role is based in our Toronto location and is a full-time permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and manage customer -specific and corporate- internal issues and see problems through to resolution, this will include troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues.
- Be a third line escalation point for the customer’s need as part of the standard and designated support and/or projects.
- Track & monitor customer status and identify both areas of concern and growth opportunities.
- Be a part of building, improving, and expanding Reflex’s Support Services.
- Design, implement and monitor cloud infrastructure.
- Implement adequate monitoring tools, policies, and audits.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Develop and improve infrastructure and application performance monitoring and alerting systems.
- Practical knowledge of SOC2 and ISO270001 standards implementation and requirements.
- Document detailed information regarding the technical issues, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts relative to product configuration.
- Provide support for the Reflex teams by troubleshooting and resolving software, pipeline, and infrastructure-related issues with an eye to automating those issues away.
- Educate technical staff on security best practices.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies, and practices.
- Contribute to the ever-expanding Knowledge Base on an on-going basis.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities or status.
- Experienced Support Engineer (tier 3)/Technical Account Manager – Required.
- A university or college engineering degree/diploma in computer networking or IT related field.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls and proxy servers, Cloud services (Azure, Office 365, AWS, etc.) – Required.
- Great troubleshooting abilities and passion to dive into complicated technical problems in real production environments – Required.
- Experience working with a Cloud, SaaS technology provider.
- Knowledge of VPNs, IPSec, security protocols and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a passion for working with customers.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills –
- Ability to work with people (clients and internal staff) in a professional manner.
- Ability to support customers in a tactful and effective manner.
- Show understanding and relate to customers.
- Self-motivated mindset to drive results.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Open minded, team player, with a willingness to learn and improve.
- Extended health care (including prescription drugs)
- Dental and Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Due to COVID-19, the role will temporarily be a combination of work from home and work from the office/client sites.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com (or Click Here). We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional to references and criminal background check.