Technology Support Consultant
Reflex Integrated Inc. is a leading Canadian based IT service provider. We provide end to end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across North America. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled IT Support Specialist to join our Support and Engineering Team in our Toronto office. This position will report to the Support Manager.
The position includes the maintenance, support, installation, and management of IT needs and day to day operations (computer networks, hardware, software, etc.) of Reflex’s clients. Tasks involve the configuration, troubleshooting and support of applications, operating systems, workstation and server hardware, networking and printing equipment, and miscellaneous peripheral devices at client locations and remotely. The ideal candidate will maintain knowledge of current and new technologies and their application within these environments. The candidate will work as part of team of similar IT professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install and configure server/workstations – hardware and software (operating systems and applications)
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, diagnose/resolve/repair hardware and software issues
- Implement, perform and monitor data backup and recovery options
- Assist in special product-related issues as needed
- Accurately and effectively log and maintain incidents in ticketing system
- Provide client support and technical issues resolution onsite/remotely
- Respond to incidents within agreed time limits/service levels targets
- Prioritize and manage multiple open cases (Service Requests, Incidents, Problems) at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with clients and other resolver teams (including internal and external service providers)
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Available to travel to client sites
- Given the nature of the industry, after hours work will be required from time to time
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change periodically, or new ones may be assigned according to the company needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years IT experience with similar responsibilities
- A university or college degree/diploma in computer networking or IT related field
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Hyper-V, ESXi, Office 365 Administration, and SharePoint
- Experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of routers, firewalls, network switching equipment, modems and wireless networks
- Experience with Antivirus protection provisioning for multiple devices
- Experience with various backup/restore software
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills –
- Ability to work with people (clients and internal staff) in a professional manner
- Ability to support customers in a tactful and effective manner.
- Show understanding and relate to customers.
- Self-motivated mindset to drive results
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Open minded, team player, with a willingness to learn and improve
- Role involves carrying equipment (computing, network, other) – must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid driver license is required
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Extended health care (including prescription drugs)
- Dental and Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Due to COVID-19, the role will be a combination of work from home and/or work from the office/client sites.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org;or Click Here. We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.
We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional to references and criminal background check.